As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives. We celebrate our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Attending a belly dancing performance while dining at a Moroccan restaurant
- Experiencing San Francisco’s Museum of Modern Art.
- Attending a musical or live theatre performance
- Screening a documentary film and discussing it over dinner.
- We are always looking for new experiences for our Ticktocker classes to share!
This wonderful NCL tradition comes at the end of the year. Our Tea has definitely been the cultural event that has had the most impact on our Patronesses and Ticktockers. The event brings our chapter together and it is so much fun to see the older Ticktockers inspire the younger ones. This year, in preparation for the Tea, we had the Seniors visit monthly Ticktocker meetings for each of the other classes and teach them about etiquette and why it is important in social settings.
At the event, the Patronesses loved watching their daughters present, perform, and serve as greeters. A photographer is there to take formal pictures of our moms and daughters which serve as a favorite keepsake over the years. We also have a fun tradition that our new Provisional Patronesses present their Ticktocker with a special surprise of a beautiful teacup to have as a momento of their first year in NCL.